Pueblo of Zuni New Beginnings Program, provides a safe-haven for women and their children who are affected by domestic violence/sexual assault. We meet our mission through intervention, support, education, and advocacy for victims. We can help them rebuild and develop healthy relationships to create a peaceful and safe environment.
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
We are here to help.
All services for victims are free of charge
Abuse is not just hitting someone. It is any attempt by an individual to control, manipulate, or demean another person through the use of physical, sexual, emotional, financial, or psychological intimidation. It is an act of power and control used to frighten, intimidate or hurt the other person.
Domestic Violence is any abusive act used on an ongoing basis against an intimate partner or family member. Domestic violence can occur between spouses, ex-spouses, significant others, dating partners, or in same-sex relationships.
Domestic Violence can happen to anyone, regardless of gender, economic or social status, sexual orientation, race, religion, or educational background.
• New Beginning Program provides emergency shelter up to 90 days for women and children who have had to flee from an abusive relationship.
• A range of support services are offered to the women and children helping them to move toward a violence -free life.
• Referrals (counseling services, substance abuse recovery programs, etc.), assistance, safety and support plan development through case management.
• Transportation available for participants to work on their goals.
• Aftercare services and support.
Provides information about the court system and judicial process, assists with the process to obtain an order of protection and accompany (support) victims to court proceedings. Also provides information on legal referrals (child custody and divorce proceedings).
Support and Education Groups
• Women’s support group if offered to help victims of domestic violence understand the dynamics of violent relationships, develop personal boundaries, build self esteem, learn assertiveness skills, and establish healthy relationships.
• Parenting Group is offered to the community to understand their children's emotions and feelings. Facilitators are trained from the Circle of Security to help care givers connect with their children.
Community Education and Outreach
• Educational presentations to increase awareness about domestic violence to businesses, schools, churches, civic groups, and others.
• Education about how to respond to and assist survivors of domestic violence.
Culturally Responsive Services
Assistance connecting with Traditional Practitioners
• Supervised exchanges of children for visitation with the non-custodial parent.
• Supervised visitation between children and the non-custodial parent.
Offender Re-Education Program
• In order to create a seamless network of safety and justice for battered women, New Beginning Program provides Batterers Intervention Program. This is a 52 week program that holds men accountable for their use of violence against their intimate partner.
• Care coordination with other agencies
• Court accompaniment
• Case management services
505-782-4493 or 505-782-4494
Pueblo of Zuni New Beginnings
Zuni, NM 87327
Solid Waste | Tribal Prosecutor | Tribal Roads | A:Shiwi Transit | Zuni Utility | New Beginnings
POZ Sex Offender Registry | Downloads
© 2016 Pueblo of Zuni | P.O.Box 339 | 1203B State HWY 53 | Zuni, NM 87327 | Phone: 505.782.7000 | Fax: 505.782.7202